Young artists from all around Ukraine will compete for the right to participate in the national final and for the chance to represent Ukraine in the 2016 Junior Eurovision Song Contest which will take place in Valletta, Malta on 20th November.
The finalists will be chosen by five jury members:
- Mariia Burmaka, a Ukrainian singer and composer
- Svitlana Tarabarova, a Ukrainian singer
- Valentyn Koval, Director General of the Ukrainian music TV channels M1, M2
- Vadym Lysytsia, a composer and producer
- Viktor Knysh, Stage Director of the 2013 Junior Eurovision Song Contest
During the show the jury members will evaluate each contestant and the finalists will be announced on the official website of NTU. The national final will be broadcast live on NTU's main channel, UA:Pershyi.
Ukraine won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2012 and hosted the event in both 2009 and 2013.