Efi Gjika will represent Albania at the 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Minsk with the song 'Barbie'.
10-year-old Efi is a multi-talent who can sing, compose music, play the piano, act, dance ballet and paint. Her song ‘Barbie’ is a family affair; Efi composed the song herself, and her mother Hristina wrote the lyrics.
Efi competed against fifteen other finalists at Junior Fest 2018, the Albanian National Selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest:
- Hera Hysi – Melodi pranverore (Spring melody)
- Emmi Rushiti – Mbremje feste (Celebration night)
- Kristiana Veshaj – Sot (Today)
- Jasmina Hoko – Happy
- Sindi Goga – Me tinguj fantazi (With fantasy melody)
- Iris Sula & Samanta Qoshku – Çdo gjë do dashuri (Everything needs love)
- Era Rakipllai – Panorama
- Merlin Xhai – Bote e re (New world)
- Laura Boriçi – Eshtë koha (It’s time)
- Iris Dollani – Ylberi im (My rainbow)
- Sajana Kodheli – Ylim (My star)
- Ana Kodra – Prindër ju lutem (Parent, please)
- Melodian Mancala – Enderroj (I dream)
- Speranca Bregasi – Ditari (Diary)
- Uendi Goga – Olellin dhe yjet i dua (The sky and stars love)
Ana Kodra was one of the other finalists of Junior Fest 2018; you may recognize her from the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest when she represented Albania with the song Don't Touch My Tree.