Ukrainian national selection in full swing18 June 2011 at 16:17 CEST
From the 6th of May until the 10th of June, regional castings for the Ukrainian national selection took place in Ivano-Frankivsk, Donetsk, Odessa and Kyiv.
15 artists from each casting (with 18 from Kyiv) were selected to take part in the Semi-Final, which took part during the weekend of the 11th of June at the NTU studios in Kyiv.
Here a jury chose the artists to qualify to the final. The members were:
- Mr. Walid Arfush - Deputy Director General, National Television Company of Ukraine (international relations and music projects)
- Mr. Vlad Baginskiy - Music producer of NTU
- Mr. Alexey Matias – singer
- Ms. Natalia Valevskaya - singer
- Mr. Igor Zakharenko – author and presenter of the program Feieriia mandriv (Fairy journey)
- Ms. Tatiana Manzhos – TV presenter of the First National channel
- Mrs. Inna Sakhnenko - Executive Director of the Charitable Foundation Nadii ta dobra (Hope and Good).
Head of the jury, Walid Arfush announced the results of the Semi-Final in Kyiv: "Children, you're all so great! Originally we planned to select 15 finalists. But, decided to make you a little surprise. So, we choose 20 participants for the Final. They are:
- Kalinova Anastasiia - Bravo, bravo, Mister Bond
- Kobzar Victoria - Charivna nich
- Kochegarova Christina - Yevropa
- Petruk Nikoletta - Koliorovyi doshch
- Shcherbaka Mariana - Chudova podorozh
- Mazuryk Karyna - Morska zirka
- Kionig Amanda - Hip-hop
- Mykhailiuk Anton - Prokyn'tes liudy
- Logvynova Tamara - Ya kokhaiu tebe
- Zaderei Nikolai - Futbol
- Shevchenko Anastasiia - Chobitky
- Dudchak Christina - Oi, Mol'fare, charodiiu!
- Kovalska Ol'ga - Z dnem narodzhennia
- Group "Milashki" - Internet and chat
- Group "Fleshky" - OK!
- Miroshnichenko Diana - Za gory gei
- Li - Koroleva Disko
- Kvochak Marta - Shchastia
- Nasenkova Yelena - Popeliushka
- Duet "Diadia Slava and Inna Riche" - Dyskoteka na seli
The Ukrainian national selection will take place on the 31st of July at the International Childrens' Centre Artek on the Black Sea Coast.
Whoever wins at Artek will travel to Yerevan, Armenia for the 2011 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on the 3rd of December.