26 November 2017
Join us at 16:00 CET
JESC2017

Malta's selection for 2017 gets underway


Contributors
PJ
Paul Jordan
Posted 23 May, 2017, 16:44

PBS Malta has announced that 84 applications for the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest were received. Of the entries received, 20 were shortlisted and the final 10 will be selected to proceed on to the televised selection. Last year Christina Magrin represented the country at Junior Eurovision when it was held in Valetta, finishing a credible fifth.

Chief Executive of PBS Malta, John Bundy, said that the list of singers was so strong that a decision was taken to shortlist 20 rather than 10 at this stage. He said: "The jury votes were so close so we have decided to select 20, from which the final 10 will be chosen and will compete in the television spectacle."

Find out which 20 acts made it to the shortlist on the website of PBS Malta. The Maltese national selection for the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place on Saturday 10th June.

Malta is one of the most successful countries at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest winning the event twice in three years. Last year Valletta hosted the competition where 17 countries participated whilst Georgia made history by winning Junior Eurovision for a third time. 

Contributors
PJ
Paul Jordan
Tags
Malta2017news