Helena Meraai will represent Belarus in the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest with the song I Am The One. The winner was decided by a 50/50 split between public votes and the professional jury. Helena is the 15th consecutive act to represent Belarus in the competition.
Earlier this year there was an open call for entries for the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Following the deadline for submissions, auditions took place in Belarus in front of a professional jury. The ten finalists in 2017 were:
- Ruslana Panchishina (Minsk)
- Helena Meraai (Minsk)
- Stephanie Sokolova (Minsk)
- Anastasia Zhabko (Minsk)
- The quartet of the National V. Mulyavin Children's Art Center: Maxim Tsuprikov, Angelina Lomako, Stephanie Kruglaya and Stephanie Sokolova (Minsk)
- Maria Zhilina (Minsk)
- Duet Arina Pekhtereva and Anastasia Dmitrachkova (Mogilev)
- Yaroslav Sokolikov (Minsk)
- Anastasia Timofeevich (Brest)
- Elina Mataras (Minsk)
Watch the official video of Helena's song below:
Belarus at Junior Eurovision
Belarus is one of the most successful countries at Junior Eurovision and has won the competition twice and appeared in the top five no less than eight times. It is also one of the few countries that has participated in every single contest since Junior Eurovision began in 2003.