Oleksandr Balabanov will represent Ukraine!08 September 2020 at 15:05 CEST
Oleksander was born in Donetsk and has been keen on singing since he was a child. He was a member of a children's folk singing group as early at the age of 4. When he was 8, Oleksandr and his family moved to Kyiv where he started taking singing classes and entered the music department of an arts school. He is fluent in English and studies German and Turkish.
His victory was decided by both jury and online voting. Oleksandr was one of the 11 shortlisted participants.
Eight members of the jury gave their votes by posts on Instagram:
- Alina Pash - Singer and rapper
- Dmytro Shurov - Solist in the band 'Pianoboy'
- Jamala - Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
- Larysa Kliuievska - Music editor for UA: Radio Promin
- Liubov Morozova - Music critic and hostess of UA:KULTURA TV channel
- Ruslana Khazipova - Actress and singer
- Taras Topolia - Lead singer of the band 'Antytila'
- Timur Miroshnychenko - Commentator for the Eurovision Song Contest in Ukraine
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 will be broadcast live on 29 November and starts at 17:00 CET. More details about the 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be revealed in the coming weeks. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest updates.