Germany presents potential acts for Junior Eurovision 🇩🇪26 July 2021 at 18:40 CEST
The quintet of young artists on the hunt for a ticket to the Contest in Paris are: Anjali (11), Emilie (13), Marta (10), Pauline (12) and Yike (11).
- Anjali comes from Eschborn in Hesse. Her favourite singer is Ariana Grande and she enjoys horse riding.
- Emilie hails from Homburg in Saarland. She plays the trumpet and cornet (which is a type of horn). Her idols are Adele and Taylor Swift.
- Marta is from Bad Salzuflen in North Rhine-Westphalia. She loves performing and says that her role model is her singing teacher.
- Pauline lives near Koblenz in Rhineland-Palatinate. She’s a drummer and enjoys the theatre.
- Yike is from Berlin and sings in the children’s choir of the Komische Oper. He plays both the guitar and piano.
Viewers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland are able to vote on the artists, with the top three going forward to the televised selection show ‘Junior ESC - Who's going to Paris?’ on Friday 10 September.
One act will be crowned winner and represent Germany at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
Last year, Susan performed for Germany with the song Stronger With You.
The student reminisced about her time at the Contest: 'It was a really great experience. Also, because I sang alone in a music video for the first time. I met so many new people.'