The selection show will take place in a new edition of well-known show 'Ti lascio una canzone', most of which will be dedicated to finding the Junior Eurovision artist. Ten children will take part in the selection, all of whom are former participations of the show but still aged 10-15 - and thus eligible for Junior Eurovision.
The show will start at 21:20 on Rai 1, and also be simulcast live on rai.tv. It will be divided into three different parts:
- The 10 contestants are put into duels against each other, with five qualifying to the next round
- The votes in this round will be cast by the Jury, Orchestra, and Televoting (33.3% each)
- The five duel winners will advance to the final plus one wildcard from the eliminated four - meaning that six proceed to round two.
- The six candidates will perform together in a medley
- A jury and televote will select their favourites (50% each)
- The top two will advance to round three
- The two artists will perform for the ticket to Sofia
- Voting will be from the public in a televote only, with the winner being chosen as the Junior Eurovision representative!
- In the event of a tie, the jury will cast the deciding vote
So don't forget to tune in at 21:20 this Saturday live on Rai 1 to see who will follow in Vincenzo Cantiello's footsteps and represent Italy in Junior Eurovision 2015!